Make your own marble prints with shaving cream
This fun (and messy) project for all ages is inspired by the paintings of Harlem Renaissance painter, Beauford Delaney. Your final creation can be displayed as a print, folded into a card, or used as the background for a collage or drawing. Share what you make by tagging us on Instagram @themintmuseum.
- Baking sheet or tray (large enough to fit your paper and deep enough to hold shaving cream)
- White shaving cream
- Paint or food coloring
- Stick or toothpick (end of paintbrush works too)
- Plastic ruler or other flat edge that can get wet
- Paper towels or cleaning cloth
- Open space to lay out your prints
1. Cover bottom of sheet pan with shaving cream.