MINT TO MOVE CULTURAL DANCE NIGHT
Mint to Move Special Edition: Dia de las Velitas (Day of the Candles) + Dance Party Friday, December 2, 6:30-11:30 pm at Mint UPTOWN
Start the night w/ a Colombian holiday tradition: "Dia de las Velitas" (Day of the Little Candles) with mucho lights that are the symbols of love, family, culture, and valued relationships. The brilliant and stary lights set the stage for a fantastic celebration of diversity for all to come together. Using candles, lanterns, music, dance, and poetry--we'll light up Charlotte & the world!!
- 6:30 pm: Entertainment around traditional holiday natillas and bunuelos; music by Cafe' Amaretto and Rico Oscar; poetry video by Kurma Murrain (from China), a special ballroom dance performance, and a 7:55 pm ceremonial lighting of the unity candles with everyone participating.
- 8 pm: Children (to be accompanied by a grandparent/adult) gather in the Mint's Lewis Family Gallery for bi-lingual singing and instrument playing w/ Criss Cross Mango Sauce's Ana Lucia Divins, then an art activity making festive maracas!!
- 8 pm: The All Adults Mint to Move Cultural Dance Night with DJ Pepito (Jorge Moran), Rumbao Latin Dance Company (FREE & FUN dance lesson @ 9 pm), live music w/ Jerry Giraud and Angel Delgado, and dancing the night away!
- Special Holiday Admission, 6:30-8 pm only: $7 Adults, Children Free.
- General Admission (GA) after 8 pm: $12; Mint Members: $8.50 ($1 OFF GA BEFORE 9:30 pm) Pay at the Door -Complimentary Snacks & Party Favors, Cash Bar -FOOD TRUCKS on the Plaza!!!
- Attire: Fun & Festive!! Don't forget your dancin' shoes!
- Community Partner for Dia de las Velitas: Fiestas Patrias Mint to Move Community Partners: @ASC, ArtSi, @Puerto Rican Society of Charlotte, @Rumbao Latin Dance Company.
Enjoy Afro-Cuban and Latin-American dance rhythms with a DJ and live musicians to celebrate multi-cultures, ethnic and gender diversity, dance, visual and performing art. Guests can salsa, bachata, merengue, cha cha, line dance, and step to other dance forms relative to various global communities as well as enjoy visual art (including live painting) by local artists. Free Dance Lessons at 9:00 p.m.
Community partners: ASC, ArtSi, Puerto Rican Society of Charlotte and Rumbao Latin Dance Company