Tune in to ART CRUSH, the new podcast series showcasing the observations, confessions, and obsessions of Charlotte’s creators and style setters, and those who crush on them.
Hosted by Sheri Lynch and Stacee Michelle – national media personalities well known to Charlotte audiences – ART CRUSH goes deeper into our region’s arts scene, where there’s more than meets the eye. We’re talking with leading artists, style setters, collectors, curators, and art lovers. Lively and candid discussions delve into the worlds of art, fashion, photography, and more, with a focus on the diverse exhibitions on display at the Mint. Join us for the ART CRUSH experience, and find a new podcast series to crush on.
EPISODES 1-5 NOW AVAILABLE
1. ASHLEY ANDERSON: BATS ON A LITTLE BLACK DRESS & OTHER FASHION "DO'S": In this episode of ART CRUSH, Stacee Michelle chats with fashion collector and TV news anchor Ashley Anderson Mattei, a contributor to the Charlotte Collects exhibition at The Mint Museum. Ashley talks about a little black dress covered in bats, the connection between fashion and architecture, and why yoga pants look like underwear on the streets of Paris. Click here to listen!
2. LISA DARGAN: A WEDDING DRESS MADE OF OSTRICH FEATHERS: In this episode of ART CRUSH, Stacee Michelle chats with fashion collector Lisa Dargan, a contributor to the Charlotte Collects exhibition at The Mint Museum. Lisa discusses wearing snow boots under her wedding dress, why Charlotte is her favorite shopping destination in the world, and a one-of-a-kind item known as “the car wash dress.” Click here to listen!
3. WILLIAM IVEY LONG PART 1: In this episode of ART CRUSH, Sheri Lynch and Stacee Michelle roll up their sleeves with multiple Tony Award-winning costume designer William Ivey Long, the subject of the retrospective William Ivey Long: Costume Designs 2007-2016 at The Mint Museum in Charlotte, NC. Episode 1 of this in-depth interview includes conversation about William’s North Carolina roots, his challenge in hiding the zipper for opera diva Renee Fleming, and his breakthrough moment designing a ruffled Elizabethan collar for his dog. Click here to listen!
4. ANN TARWATER: MODEST CAN BE BOLD & SURPRISING: In this latest episode of ART CRUSH, fashion insider Stacee Michelle chats with fashion collector Ann Tarwater, a contributor to the Charlotte Collects exhibition at The Mint Museum in Charlotte, NC. Ann talks about modest couture, why art and fashion are so important to creating a vibrant city, and walking in on the arm of designer Geoffrey Beene. Click here to listen!
5. WILLIAM IVEY LONG PART 2: He has dressed Rolling Stones and Pink Ladies. Now William Ivey Long brings his adventurous creativity to Charlotte with an exhibition at The Mint Museum. Sheri Lynch and Stacee Michelle continue an entertaining conversation with this multiple Tony-Award winning Broadway legend and costume designer for Grease Live! and The Rolling Stones’ Steel Wheels tour, among other triumphs. Click here to listen!
Sheri Lynch is an award-winning radio broadcaster, recognized five times by the Alliance For Women In Media for her outstanding and realistic depiction of women. Named one of America’s Most Influential Women in Radio every year since 2010, and nominated nine times for the industry’s highest honor, the Marconi Award, Sheri is a unique talent and role model in broadcasting. Sheri is the founder of Now! Media, the company that syndicates her radio program in the U.S. She is also heard worldwide on the Armed Forces Network.
Sheri is also a podcaster, the author of two best-selling books, and holds a Master’s degree in Social Work. She puts that degree to work all day long, both in the studio and at home where she and her husband lay claim to eight or nine kinds, a small herd of dogs, and an entire battalion of cats. Follow her on Twitter @sherilynch ; Instagram @sherilynch1 ; and Facebook at Bob and Sheri.
Stacee Michelle is a published wardrobe stylist and fashion correspondent. Her magnetic on-air presence has captured the attention of national and local networks, including E! News, FOX, CBS, and more to serve up her opinion on fashion trends, beauty tips and seasonal musthaves.
She has conducted fashion and entertainment interviews with celebrities like Chrissy Teigen, Trina Turk, Michael Costello, Fantasia, the Carolina Panthers, NASCAR drivers like Dale Earnhardt Jr, and more. She is routinely tapped by corporate brands and non-profit organization to host special events and galas. Most recently, Stacee hosted the Super Bowl LI Players’ Wives Fashion Show in Houston, TX and partnered with TRESemme for New York Fashion Week and Miami Swim Week.
As a regular contributor to several lifestyle and fashion magazines, Stacee has moonlighted as an art director and created custom looks for photo shoots and fashion shows as a wardrobe stylist. You can even catch her styling athletes, musicians, business owners, and city influencers as their personal stylist. Her bubbly personality coupled with intimate product knowledge and perspective on fashion industry trends makes her the “go-to” woman in all things fashion!
Stacee loves giving back to the community. In her free time, she empowers grade school to collegiate level fashion enthusiasts to pursue their passion, educating them on what it takes to navigate through the industry and sharing insider tips on becoming a stylist and host. Learn more at www.stacee-michelle.com or follow her on Instagram @itsStaceeMichelle.
Produced by Kelso Communications with generous support from the Arts & Science Council. Additional support provided by Bold Missy Brewery