To complement the special exhibition Connecting the World: The Panama Canal at 100, The Mint Museum has organized a round table discussion about the importance of the Canal, and how its current expansion will impact the economy of the Charlotte region, especially considering the new intermodal facility at the Charlotte/Douglas International Airport. The round table discussion will be preceded by a reception in the Morrison Atrium at 6 p.m. Afterward, Senior Curator Dr. Jonathan Stuhlman will offer a tour of the special exhibition.
The distinguished guests at the round table discussion are:
* Astrid Chirinos, Chief Development Executive at the Latin American Economic Development Corporation
* Jack Christine, Deputy Aviation Director at Charlotte Douglas International Airport
* Wayne Cooper, Honorary Consul of Mexico & Chairman of the NC District Export Council
* Paul J. Cozza, CEO of the North Carolina State Ports Authority
* John Paul Galles, Publisher of the Greater Charlotte Biz
* Michael Gallis, Michael Gallis & Associates
* Jennifer Roberts, former Commissioner and Chair of the Mecklenburg County Commission
* Dan Roselli, Co-founder of Packard Place (Moderator)
* Chase Saunders, Special Counsel McNair Attorneys
* Dr. Jonathan Stuhlman, Senior Curator of American, Modern, and Contemporary Art at The Mint Museum
Alson Skinner Clark (American, 1876-1949).
Pedro Miguel Locks, ca. 1913, oil on canvas.
The Buck Collection, Laguna Beach, CA