ART IN THE GARDEN TOUR
Enjoy the splendor of a southern spring during the Charlotte Garden Club’s Art in the Garden tour of six area gardens. Artists will paint “en plein air,” capturing on canvas the serene beauty of the gardens on Saturday, April 22, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. and Sunday, April 23, 1 - 4 p.m.
Click here to read their bios
- DALE AND SAGE BROOK - 2116 LYNBRIDGE DRIVE 28270 (HAMPTON LEAS)
- MARY AND BILL STATON - 2431 HARTMILL COURT 28226 (HUNTCLIFFE)
- JEFF DRUM - 5833 MURRAYHILL ROAD 28210 (MADISON PARK)
- THERESA NARDI - 2330 CLUB ROAD 28205 (PLAZA MIDWOOD)
- KAY AND PETER MINOR - 1929 EAST 8th STREET 28204 (ELIZABETH)
- SANDY WELTON - 1512 EAST 8th STREET 28204 (ELIZABETH)
Following a day of relaxed garden strolling, the tour concludes with a celebratory party and plein air art show on Sunday 4-6 p.m. at Mint Museum Randolph (casual attire).
Click here for more details
IN ADVANCE: $15 members/$25 non-members
ON TOUR DAYS: $20 members/$30 non-members
The Charlotte Garden Club
was organized in 1924 as North Carolina's first garden club. Its purpose is to further its members' knowledge of gardening through programs and projects under the direction of experts in the fields of horticulture and design. Members meet one evening a month from September through May to share in educational lectures and entertainment by authorities in landscape design, horticulture and other topics of interest to people who enjoy gardens and gardening. The Charlotte Garden Club has been an Affiliate of the Mint Museum of Art since 1954. It contributes to projects designed to beautify the Mint Museum and its grounds as well as projects which add to the beauty of Charlotte. To join or learn more, click here